The Tallahassee Writers Association has announced their prize winners for the Penumbra Poetry Contest and my haiku “Dream of My Lover” was chosen for Second Place. It will be published in the Seven Hills Literary Journal this spring.
This is a must see. It has everything – love, betrayal, revolution, transgender, treason,original music and set design and a Pulitzer Prize Nomination in Drama.
Wordwrite Book Award Competition, sponsored by Knight and Grey Publishing and KarmaKindler.com, awarded my book , Banshees, second place in their Poetry Book Contest.
Check it out at:
Wordwrite Book Awards
I am grateful for the honor.
I was grateful to learn I am a finalist for the Wordwrite Poetry Book Award. I’ll find out the results in December. Wish me luck!
I was grateful to learn I earned Honorable Mention in the Tom Howard/Margaret Reid Poetry Contest:
Tom Howard/Margaret Reid Poetry Contest 2015
Congratulations to the winners of the 2015 Tom Howard/Margaret Reid Poetry Contest!
- Donald Adamson, Proper and Enduring, Poetry
- David Hill, After Wounded Knee, Poetry
- Justin Hunt, My Mother, My Father, Poetry
- Laura M. Kaminski, Hush, Poetry
- Ray Keifetz, Night Farming in Bosnia, Poetry
- Maribeth Pittman, Two Women in an Unbalanced Street Scene, Poetry
- Shoshauna Shy, Keepsake, Poetry
- Eileen P. Kennedy, Migration, Traditional Verse
- Allegra Keys, Thin Line Between Love and Hate, Traditional Verse
- Kathleen McClung, Lighter Than Her Lace: A Crown of Borrowed Self-Portraits, Traditional Verse
- Katy McKinney, Worm Bin Sestina, Traditional Verse
- Stuart J. Silverman, Letter to Her Father, Traditional Verse
- Jeff Walt, Serial Killer Sonnet, Traditional Verse
Judge Ellaraine Lockie comments on the winning entries
Traditional poetry forms have had a blockbuster year in the 2015 Contest. The winners’ list includes: two sonnet crowns, two sestinas, a villanelle, a palindrome, a pantoum, an elegy, three ekphrastic poems, and two poems with such distinct and unique construction as to be classified nonce forms. Read our press release announcing the winners.
You can read my winning poem, and the other winners as well at: